Here are few things you need to know before applying:
1. You must take fire school within 2 years of your hire date, fire school runs usually 2 nights a week (6-10pm) and an occassional Saturdays from Sept to May Or another fire school is every Saturday from 8am-4pm and some Sundays.
2. You are not required to Medical First Responders classes but 90% of our calls are medicals and you will not be able to go on them if you are not a MFR. This class can be taken sometime after you complete FF 1 & 2.
3. We have one fire meeting a month, which is the third thursday night (7-10pm). Which you are required to attend or call an officer to make them up.
4. We are part-paid/volunteer, meaning we get a flat amount for every meeting and a flat amount for every call you attend.
5. Must have a valid drivers license, good driving record and clean criminal background. We will check them before you are hired.
6. Must pass a firemens physical and drugs test.
7. Must be at least 18 years of age.
If interested, applications can be picked up at the fire department, township office or Spencer library.
Job Application Interest Form: Please note this is not a job application.
Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible