Here are few things you need to know before applying:
1. You must take fire school within 2 years of your hire date, fire school runs usually 2 nights a week (6-10pm) and an occassional Saturdays from Sept to May Or another fire school is every Saturday from 8am-4pm and some Sundays.
2. You are not required to Medical First Responders classes but 90% of our calls are medicals and you will not be able to go on them if you are not a MFR. This class can be taken sometime after you complete FF 1 & 2.
3. We have one fire meeting a month, which is the third thursday night (7-10pm). Which you are required to attend or call an officer to make them up.
4. We are part-paid/volunteer, meaning we get a flat amount for every meeting and a flat amount for every call you attend.
5. Must have a valid drivers license, good driving record and clean criminal background. We will check them before you are hired.
6. Must pass a firemens physical and drugs test.
7. Must be at least 18 years of age.
If interested, applications can be picked up at the fire department, township office or Spencer library.